12/30/2005

Bored and doped up at work

Back pain will forever be the devil for the upright. I did a lot of driving this past week. Lawrence to Atchison to Davenport, Nebraska to Phillipsburg to Wichita and then back to Lawrence.

Christy and I spent Christmas Eve and Day with my dad. That was really fun. I know Christy had fun, but it wasn't the same because it was her first Christmas away from her family. Then we drove to Nebraska to spend a day at her aunt's house with her family. That was great fun. We had lunch, played some basketball and NCAA 2006. Had dinner and then played a couple of card games; Up and Down the River and Texas Hold'em. Tuesday we traveled to Wichita to meet my old roommate Patrick and his fiance Melissa. They're getting married in June and we had to get fitted for a tux and a dress. It'll be great fun this summer to see our best friends from college get married. We then traveled back to Lawrence because I wanted to work some.

Getting back to being doped up. Yesterday I was here at work and decided to hit the pot. Well when I stood up I had sharp, shooting pain in my lower back, butt, and legs. It was killing me. I went home and laid down for a while while Christy fixed some lunch for us. She's so good to me. Throughout the day I took some over the counter stuff like Advil and Tylenol. Those didn't help very much so I decided to go to the doctor this morning. They gave me some pain pills and muscle relaxers. I have to go for some physical therapy later this afternoon.

Well, the past several weeks have ushered in many changes in my life. As stated before, I graduated from college after seven excrutiating years, got engaged to the woman of my dreams, and have subsequently found a job and am getting a new car.

The job I will be starting is serving as a GIS Technician for Douglas County in Kansas. This is great because I won't have to move for a job. I haven't started yet, but from what I understand I will be dividing property into lots for the appraiser's office and updating maps that fire, medical, and police vehicles use when they are dispatched. I'm really excited to get started with this job.

Many of you know what a wonderous vehicle I drive, but it will be gone soon. Whether in someone else's hands or just put to rest at a junk yard, I love it. I've driven that thing since my sophomore year in high school. One of Christy's sorority friends had this car that she blew the head gasket in. Well, she's from Minnesota and her parents didn't want to tow it all the way back so they're selling it for $50. Christy's dad used to be a mechanic and he said that he'd help me fix it up. They're coming later this afternoon to pick it up and tow it to thier house where we can work on it. I really appriciate all that her family has done for me over the past year and a half or so that I have known them.

Must get back to work now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home